Overdraft Protection Privilege
If you inadvertently overdraw your account, PointBank has the option, at its sole discretion, to cover your overdrafts up to a certain amount, including fee(s) and thereby saving you the embarrassment and inconvenience of a returned or declined item, as well as the fee normally charged to you by merchants for items returned to them.
The amount of discretionary overdraft privilege extended to each customer varies based on your banking habits. Each account will be continually monitored to determine the amount of discretionary overdraft privilege to be extended when an item is presented for payment.
If you want PointBank to pay overdrafts on ATM card and everyday debit card transactions you must opt-in for this separate service. If you have not opted-in you may do so using the form below.
See Banker for complete details. You agree that we may charge you an overdraft fee for each overdrawn item, including a fee for overdrafts caused by ATM withdrawals or one-time debit card transactions if you have opted-in to that service, and the fee will be due and payable upon demand. The overdraft fee is $33 whether the overdraft is by check, ATM withdrawal, debit card transaction or other electronic means. You must bring your account to a positive balance within 60 days. The payment of transactions into overdraft is discretionary and the bank reserves the right not to pay. The use of overdraft protection funds is not permitted for the purpose of making a payment on a PointBank loan.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OVERDRAFTS AND OVERDRAFT FEES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway.
We use the available balance method to determine whether your account is overdrawn, that is, whether there is enough money in your account to cover a transaction. Please see PointBank’s “Terms and Conditions: Overdraft and NonSufficient Funds (NSF) Fees” for more information and a further explanation of these services, which terms and conditions are expressly incorporated herein.
We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that may come with your checking account. Please note that our standard overdraft practices are not available for Possibility Checking accounts.
2. We may also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
– What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We may authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
• Checks, in-person withdrawals and other transactions made using your checking account number
• Automatic bill payments [e.g., automated clearing house (ACH) and recurring debit card transactions]
For consumer accounts, we do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
• Automated Teller Machine (ATM) transactions
• Everyday debit card transactions (such as one-time debit card and ATM card purchases)
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined or returned.
– What fees will I be charged if PointBank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
• We may charge you a fee of up to $33.00 each time we pay an overdraft item.
• We may charge you a fee of up to $33.00 for each item that we return unpaid for nonsufficient funds (NSF).
• There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account
• If the account is overdrawn by $1.00 or less you will not be charged an overdraft fee of $33.00.
– What if I want. PointBank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and
everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want PointBank to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 940-686-7000 or 972-434-3200, visit www.PointBank.com and use the “Secure Email” button to send a secure message, or complete the form below and take it to your Personal Banker, or mail the completed form
400 Westway Street
Denton, TX 76201
If you choose to revoke this authorization, you may use any of the methods of contact listed above at any time.
You may also use the form below to opt out of having ATM card and debit card transactions paid.
If you have any questions, call or come by one of our branches and a friendly, knowledgeable Banker will be happy to help you.
Opt In or Out Form
- Opt-In means “I want PointBank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.”
- Opt-Out means “ I do not want PointBank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.”
Useful information for completing the form:
- Enter the account number exactly as it appears on your PointBank statement.
- You may opt in or out for up to five accounts on this form. Please complete an additional form to opt in or out on any remaining accounts.